Saturday, May 14, 2011

Two Readers Reviews: Shimmerspell

I just woke up and saw that Missy @ Two Readers Reviews posted her full review of Shimmerspell this morning. Here's a snippet of what she had to say:

"Along with the brilliant characters and dialogue was the plot. It was interesting and totally original. It was such a fun read and I HIGHLY recommend it!"

You can check out the full review here:

http://tworeadersreviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/review-shimmerspell-faerie-tale-girl.html

I am so grateful for bloggers like her who take the time to read and review indie books. When you're not traditionally published, many people automatically assume you're trying to sell them a steaming pile of doo doo. I blame writers who don't take the time to edit their work, find beta readers, listen to actual readers, etc for that. Not saying I'm all that because I'm far from it. I'm still learning and hoping to get better. And you can tell from these blog posts that it's definitely a work in progress, lol. But as a reader, I have to admit, it's hard to see the diamonds out their for all the crud.

So it's awesome when someone like Missy, Tiger, Cassandra, etc makes a little extra room in her TBR piles for Shimmerspell when I don't have some big name publisher backing me. That's really all I ask for anyway. Just try it out, read the sample on amazon, read the excerpt here, because it might just be your cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment